Good Afternoon All,
Starting tomorrow - Saturday, October 21, the TTC will operate a temporary bus service on Broadview Avenue (south).
504/505 buses will operate on Broadview Avenue between Gerrard Street East and Danforth Avenue, turning back at Castle Frank Station in the north and Gerrard/Broadview (the hospital) in the south. This temporary service will operate daily between 5:30 a.m. and 1 a.m., with a planned frequency of 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the time of day and traffic conditions. This temporary route will not appear on transit apps.
Attached please find the route map and notice that the TTC is distributing. We will also promote this via our social media.
- The city has contracted our BIA maintenance team to handle the power washing clean up in our section of Broadview south. This work will take place this weekend.
- Our Broadview section between Danforth and Pretoria has been enclosed even further this week. The east side sidewalk from the subway station to Erindale is closed to pedestrians - the west side sidewalk is open. It is quite the complicated mess in this section of our BIA and for the members in this section.
- TTC at today's weekly meeting said that the contractor is working to schedule and the aim is to be completed by November 20/23. I will stay on top of this and I've made the TTC promise to let me know the minute there is any whiff of a delay.
- For the sewer rehabilitation work that will take place on Broadview from Pretoria to Gerrard, the City is still looking at starting the work on Nov. 20 but because we're not sure that the TTC will be completely done, this sewer work will start on Broadview at Gerrard and work its way north. That's the plan at the moment. If it changes I will let you all know. Again this work will run from November 2023 to February 2024 on Broadview.
- A bit of fun fundraising news...... Most of you are familiar with the Movember fundraising campaign for men's physical and mental health - this November our Board Chair, Albert Stortchak, is throwing his iconic mustache on the line! Albert is going to try to raise $5,000 in the month of November - if he reaches this goal he will get to keep his mustache; if he doesn't reach this goal he has agreed to shave off his mustache! Albert has had his trademark mustache for 50 years so this is a pretty big deal.
- To support Albert's efforts we're calling on all of the men of the Broadview Danforth BIA to join in the Movember campaign and set your own fundraising challenge - raise money as you grow a mustache, raise money to keep your mustache or whatever creative idea you may have. We would love to promote everyone's campaigns with our Men of Broadview Danforth BIA Movember promotions. We will promote via posters, social media and we will list all of your fundraising links on our website. And for everyone who would like to help with promoting the guys in our BIA we will create special countertop cards that have a QR code to our website so people can donate. Each card comes with a peel and stick mustache - so we all can have some fun with this campaign!
- Okay BIA guys - we hope you join and if you do decide to participate please email me so we can get you and your business included in the promotions. We want to roll everything out starting on November 2nd so I need to hear from you soon!
- The fate of Albert's mustache will be announced on Saturday, December 2nd.
- On a less fun note, we're seeing an uptick of covid infections in our area and across the city so it's important that we all get our updated covid and flu shots in the next short while.
- We have our Shopper's Drug Mart and City Pharmacy both of which are ready to help you with booking your shots. You can get both the Covid and flu shots at the same time if you wish.
- For those who currently have Covid, you will have to wait about 6 months to get your shot but please speak with our area pharmacists about getting your flu shot once you've recovered from your Covid infection.
- Also please speak with our pharmacists about rapid test kits - we all need to stock up on these again.
- Back to something fun - our BIA member De Francesca Law office, 744 Broadview Avenue - will be hosting their 2nd Annual pumpkin give-away tomorrow - Saturday, Oct. 21 - from 10:30am to 1pm. Attached is the event poster - please feel free to stop by!