The financial challenges faced by the City are real and impact the 2024 Budget and beyond. The City faces difficult financial decisions, including a projected $1.5 billion operating shortfall in the 2024 Budget and a $46.5 billion shortfall in the next ten years.
- Thursday, November 23, noon to 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 28, 7 to 8:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10 p.m.
- Thursday, November 30, 7 to 8:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10 p.m.
- Monday, November 20, 7 to 8:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10 p.m., Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- Tuesday, November 21, 7 to 8:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10 p.m., Etobicoke Olympium, 590 Rathburn Rd.
- Saturday, November 25, noon to 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 to 3 p.m., Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge St.
- Monday, November 27, 7 to 8:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10 p.m., North York Memorial Hall, 5110 Yonge St.
- Wednesday, November 29, 7 to 8:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10 p.m., Rexdale Community Hub, 21 Panorama Crt.
Participants are encouraged to register to receive reminders and notifications of any meeting changes. There are two time slots for each meeting and participants can choose their desired time during registration.
Mayor Chow and Toronto City Council will use the feedback to help inform decision making at the City and to support discussions with the Province of Ontario and the Government of Canada to secure a new deal for Toronto.
The results will be presented to the Budget Committee when the 2024 Budget launches on January 10, 2024 and will accompany the Budget Committee’s recommendations to Mayor Chow for the Mayor’s budget, which will be released by February 1, 2024.
Once the November consultations conclude, Toronto residents will have additional opportunities to engage in the 2024 Budget process online and in person by writing to members of the Budget Committee, local Councillors and Members of Council, attending a local Councillor’s Budget Town hall and speaking to members of the Budget Committee January 22 and 23, 2024.
A Backgrounder about the 2024 Budget process is available on the City’s Media Room web page: www.toronto.ca/news/city-of-toronto-2024-budget-process.
More information about the 2024 Budget is available on the City’s Budget web page: www.toronto.ca/budget.