Good Morning BIA Members,
Here's this week's update.
- The timetable for closing the southbound lane on Broadview has been moved up and will go into effect this coming Monday, July 31 at 6am. This means that no one will be able to turn south onto Broadview from Danforth.
- There will be the one northbound lane running up Broadview from Gerrard to Danforth but there will be no parking, stopping or standing allowed.
- Sidewalks will remain open; the crosswalk at Wolfrey will be closed; there will be no driveway access from properties in the work zone EXCEPT for the Loblaws driveways.
- A delivery zone will be set-up on the west side of Broadview in our section - this will be used by our business members located in this section. Traffic agents will be on duty to facilitate the use of this area.
- This is Broadview Plan 1 and will be in effect until mid August (rough estimate); then we will need to move into Broadview Plan 2 which means that the loading area on the west side will have to be removed and a different delivery plan will go into effect. Details on this to come.
- The 2 week westbound closure of Danforth from Ellerbeck to Broadview is still scheduled to begin on Monday, Aug. 14 right after Taste.
- Attached please find the site-plans for the Broadview Plan 1 closure.
- We have already done an information post on our social media about this closure and will do further posts next week. If you are able to post on your social media that would be very helpful.
- Greektown BIA is having challenges and as a result the stage that is normally located on Danforth just in from Broadview has been cancelled.
- To ensure that we have some sort of activation in this area we have negotiated with Greektown to have 10 picnic tables placed in this area - so a seating area for people to enjoy. In addition, our BIA Board has approved hiring some additional BD Beats bands to play in this area over the Taste weekend.
- Greektown is still working to complete a site plan - so we're still waiting.
Have a good weekend.