You will have likely heard the news from yesterday on the new restrictions. These restrictions are a modified Phase 2 of reopening and will go into effect as of 12:01am this Wednesday, Jan. 5/22 and be in place until at least Wednesday, Jan. 26/22. Here are the bullet points:
- Restaurants, bars, cafes will be closed to indoor dining / take-out and delivery is still allowed
- Retail will be limited to 50% capacity
- Personal care businesses will be limited to 50% capacity
- Indoor sports and recreational facilities, gyms, theatres, cinemas will be closed
- Hospitals will have to pause all non-urgent procedures
- Schools will start on-line learning from Jan. 5 to at least Jan. 17/22
These restrictions will be impacting many of our businesses tremendously, as times have already been tight due to previous lockdowns. Please look to your restaurants for takeout & delivery. Shop local when you can.
Watch our stories for shared updates from businesses on their capacity or level of service. These will be housed under our Covid Highlights.
Thank you to all for your continuous support. We hope to be able to be back and fully operational sooner than later. Stay safe!