The 2010 Holiday Season is quickly approaching and the Danforth BIA Board of Directors would like to announce our Holiday Danforth Experience event:
DANFORTH HOLIDAY TOAST
Friday, November 26, 2010 (PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE)
6:00pm to 9:00pm
- 6:00pm to 6:30pm the official lighting of the Danforth Holiday tree and street trees; location is the parkette next to the former Albany Clinic. Special guests, holiday entertainment and the official lighting
- 6:30pm to 9:00pm Holiday Shopping on the Danforth. We are hoping that many of our retailers will consider staying open til 9pm to allow consumers to browse and shop your wonderful stores
Toast Component for Danforth Retailers:
- The Danforth BIA is working on securing an alcohol/wine sponsor to provide sampling opportunities in each store that chooses to participate in this event.
- The BIA will work with each retailer participating to secure the necessary Special Occasion Permits and any additional requirements needed to do this special sampling from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Further details on this component will be circulated as soon as the sponsor is confirmed - within the next day or two
Toast Component for Danforth Restaurants:
- We invite our restaurants to consider also allowing our alcohol or wine sponsor to do special sampling for your customers during this event. This could be done via your current licences.
- The Danforth BIA has secured a specially priced agreement with NOW Magazine which means that we will be running a colour, half page ad in NOW's Holiday BUZZ issue which will hit the stands on Thursday, November 25th. This is a glossy, 40 page issue of NOW Magazine dedicated to Holiday Shopping.
- Additional NOW exposure will include: inclusion in a 6 week cycle of e-newsletters; home delivery for 2 weeks to households in the Riverdale area and the Dupont/Davenport area (week of Nov. 18 and Nov. 25)
- NOW circulation: print - 363,000 consumers per week; on-line - 8,000 subscribers per week
- Danforth Experience Holiday post-cards: 10,000 household distribution
- Danforth website newsletter to subscribers
Tickets & Charity:
- The Danforth BIA will be selling tickets to consumers to attend this event.
- Tickets will be $2.00 and will be on sale on Saturday, Nov. 20; and from 5:30pm onward on Friday, Nov. 26
- A dollar from each ticket sold will be donated to 2 local Danforth charities: the Share Concert and the Broadview Community Youth Group. These are 2 charities that most of you are familiar with and support.
- I have been working with Susan Baker from the Share Concert and we will be cross-promoting our respective events.
Commitment and Cost to BIA Members:
- The cost to Danforth members to participate in this Holiday Toast is $50.00. This will include: your Special Occasion Permit; your logo/company name included in all marketing opportunities; BIA assistance with your individual event set-up; logo/company name on the event ticket.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this message and I do hope that many of you will decide to join in on this Holiday Toast event.