We're really pleased to announce that our Danforth BIA was approached by the organizers of the international event City Chase with an invitation to participate in this year's Toronto urban adventure.
For those of you who aren't familiar with City Chase, it is a unique, day-long event that requires teams of two to search for ChasePoint challenges scattered through the city. City Chase is an international event that takes place in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. This is the first year that City Chase Toronto has branched out to the eastern part of the Toronto.
The Toronto City Chase is scheduled for Saturday, June 25, 2011. There are 600 teams of two registered to participate in the event, so 1,200 people.
How is the Danforth BIA involved?
- By becoming part of the City Chase Toronto map, our member businesses can participate in this event by hosting a Chase Point.
- You would need to create a 10 minute activity that pertains to your business ie. learning dance steps, preparing dough for bread baking, correctly identifying which tea cures a specific ailment, prep a course for dinner service etc. It is up to you to be as creative as you wish and to present an activity that best promotes your business.
- At the start of the day all of the 600 teams receive a full list of Chase Point Clues. They then set off to find the Chase Points, complete the task given and then move on to the next Chase Point on their list.
- This is a great opportunity for you to create a memorable brand experience.
The Start & Finish
City Chase starts at Yonge Dundas Square and all teams must finish back at Yonge Dundas Square
At the end of the race, each team will receive a gift bag. As a City Chase Point venue you may provide special coupons for the gift bags. The organizers have found that the participants will generally return after the race to various City Point venues to shop etc. having been introduced to the business through the race activity.
- 53/47 male/female split
- exercise 3 times a week 70%
- currently planning a holiday 76%
- take vitamins/supplements 71%
- own a cell phone/smart phone 97%
- shop for technology 89%
- love to shop 77%
- above average income and education 98%
If you would like to have your business participate as a Chase Point venue please let me know via e-mail on or before Monday, May 30, 2011.
Attached is a two page information package for your review which details the benefits to your business through participating in City Chase.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this e-mail and the attachment; and, for considering a participation in City Chase.