Good Morning All,
Well we think the nice weather is finally here to stay! And with the nice weather comes the Danforth BIA's 9th Annual Thrill of the Grill event. The organizing committee and your Board of Directors have been working hard for the past 11 months on this year's event and we think it will be a wonderful day promoting our fabulous Danforth BIA.
Thrill will take place once again on the Saturday of Fathers' Day weekend - Saturday, June 16th, from noon to 4pm. The Danforth will be closed to traffic from 7am to 6pm from Broadview to Jackman Avenues. Attached please find the poster for this year's Thrill which will provide a number of details.
* This year we've partnered with Withrow Farmer's Market and they will be participating in the section of Danforth from Playter to Jackman Avenues.
* The stage will be located at Playter and Danforth and we will have additional speakers along the event site so that the music and presentations can be better heard throughout the event.
* In addition to a DJ, we will also have a live performance by local Toronto band Fat Head Hazel - they are regular performers at The Old Nick.
* We have a record number of BIA grill stations this year - 10!!!! All are listed on the poster attached
* We have some great BIA businesses who have joined the sponsor team this year as well including Loblaws, The Danforth Music Hall, Bob + Paige Salon, iPro Realty
* RBC is one of our returning major financial sponsors and they will be bringing a virtual reality golf set-up for everyone to try.
With any road closure you need to have an emergency lane available. This year we've flipped the lane to the north side of Danforth. Which means the fencing for the event and the service of beer and wine will extend along the middle line and south curb of Danforth Avenue. There will be numerous open gateways so people can cross through.
Thrill of the Grill will continue to support kidney cancer research at Sunnybrook's Odette Cancer Centre. As a result of our donations over the past 5 years, The Danforth BIA is recognized via a plaque on one of the examine rooms at the Odette. Sunnybrook will also be providing extensive promotion of this event and our BIA leading up to June 16th.
SIDEWALK SALES & MYSTERY BAGS:
We are hoping that you will all consider promoting your business by setting up on the sidewalk in front of your business. We attract 2,000 people during this 4 hour event. If you're a retailer this is a great opportunity to promote your business. There is NO charge to set-up on the sidewalk in front of your location. We also sell 250 Mystery Bags. These are hugely popular with our Thrill guests. Each bag sells for $10 and last year the value of the bag contents was $150.00!!! The proceeds from the Mystery Bag sales goes directly to the charity. If you would like to contribute to the Mystery Bags please email me directly and I can provide further information.
Thank you all in advance for your support and participation in our annual signature event.