Good Afternoon BIA Folks,
It has been a week of highs and lows. I'm going to start with the "low" so I can end on a high note.
Broadview North Construction (not great news):
- We found out yesterday that the work in this section of our BIA, which was to be completed this coming Monday, Nov. 20, is delayed.
- At this time the TTC is now aiming to complete the work on Broadview by the second week of December. The work in the actual streetcar loop will be completed after that.
- This means that we will not be able to start the temporary bus service on Broadview north until sometime in December.
- The temporary bus service that is currently running from Castle Frank station and south on Broadview will continue and will be extended to King Street this coming Sunday, Nov. 19.
- The sewer rehabilitation work on Broadview will start at Dearbourne and head south beginning on Monday, Nov. 20. The sewer work on Broadview north is now also delayed until later in December.
- We're working away on our two holiday events planned for Saturday, Dec. 2 and Saturday, Dec. 9. Attached please find the poster that will be distributed later next week.
- The event on Saturday, Dec. 2 is taking place on Broadview - south and north sections and even with the delay in the north construction we will push on with holiday activities in the north section. Carollers, face painters, balloon twisters and bulldozers - it's a holiday construction pivot.
- Our holiday radio commercials on Rogers Media - radio station CHFI - will begin on Monday, Nov. 27 and run through to Dec. 23.
- And a big shout out to Bruno and the Fresh Florals team for working on decorating our cedar trees this year - we are starting to look very festive!
- Thanks to everyone who has signed up to join the meeting via Zoom.
- You all should have received the link and attachments in your email yesterday.
- If you click on the YES button the information will be saved in your google calendars and you will get a reminder 10 minutes before the meeting starts.
Wishing you all a good weekend.