Good Afternoon All,
Here are the updates/information for this week.
Our BIA AGM:
- Attached please find once again the notice for our AGM. It is set for Monday, November 20 at 7pm via Zoom.
- You need to register by sending me an email. We will send the zoom link out closer to the meeting.
- I encourage you to attend the meeting. If you have things that you want the Board to consider for the remainder of this year and for 2024 this is your chance to speak up.
- Our poor Broadview north section is still completely closed. At my regular Friday construction meeting this morning I've been told that they are still planning to open Broadview north on Monday, Nov. 20. However they are delayed with the work in the Broadview station loop. They are saying that the loop work won't be completed until the end of November. If we can open Broadview on the 20th a temporary bus route will be implemented so buses will be able to travel north to Mortimer. These buses won't be able to go into the station so the bus stops will be in front of the station on Broadview.
- Erindale will remain closed until the loop construction is completed.
- The temporary bus that is running from Castle Frank station and south on Broadview from Danforth will continue but the route will be extended down to King and Parliament. This extended route should go into effect on Nov. 20.
- On Nov. 20 the sewer rehabilitation work will begin on Broadview from Pretoria to Gerrard. This work will run through to the end of Feb. 2024. All BIA members on Broadview (north and south) should have received the notices and water usage information. If you haven't please let me know.
- Our BIA member, Fresh Florals, will begin decorating all of our cedar trees this weekend.
- We are planning to do 2 Holiday events this year. The first will be Saturday, Dec. 2 from noon to 3pm solely on Broadview Avenue (north and south). We need to try and reactivate this section of our BIA given the challenges that all of this construction is creating. The second date is Saturday, Dec. 9 from noon to 3pm in the courtyard of the Carrot Common.
- Both events will include: visits with Santa, live bands, strolling carollers, face painting, balloon twisters, hot chocolate samples and we have partnered with our 55 Division police officers to host Cram a Cruiser to collect food and toys.
- We have partnered with Rogers Media and will be running a commercial promoting the events on CHFI from Nov. 27 - Dec. 9; and then promoting shopping in our BIA from Dec. 10 - Dec. 23.
- We have also brokered a deal with Rogers Media in which we will provide them with BIA gift certificates which they will give to their staff and clients as holiday gifts. These certificates are only valid until April 30/24 - the reason for this is to make sure they are used during the difficult winter months. I will provide more details in a future update.
- I encourage you all to mark Dec. 2 and Dec. 9 in your calendars and perhaps you may want to promote your holiday specials around those dates. Please let me know if you do have holiday specials so that Eszter can promote them on our social media platforms.
Please remember to let me know if you wish to attend the AGM on Nov. 20th.