Good Afternoon All,
This is a bit of a long message and it covers 4 different construction projects - I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through all of this information. I'm going to start at the west end of our BIA and work over to the east end.
1. Danforth: Hampton to Bowden hydro work:
- this work should be complete by the first week of May
- all businesses in this section (north and south sides of Danforth) you shouldn't be without power but if there's an issue please let me know.
- Hydro is aware that we have 6 CafeTO curb lane patios in this section that need to be installed in and around mid-May.
2. Jackman from Danforth to Hurndale reconfiguration work:
- a revised plan was circulated this morning to the Carrot Common and affected residents
- I've reviewed it but need to hear if your previous issues have been fixed or still require more amendments
3. Danforth from Playter to Ellerbeck watermain/sidewalk restoration:
- for all of the businesses in this section (north and south side) City crews will be back on site starting April 24 to do all of the sidewalk restoration work following the watermain replacement work that we went through in February. They anticipate that this work will run from April 24 to May 31.
- please note your water should NOT be affected by this work
4. Broadview & Danforth streetcar track replacement and Broadview station loop construction:
- Thank you to all BIA members who joined the meeting last night with our City and TTC reps.
- This project will span from May through to November and has multiple components which will affect traffic in our whole area and will specifically affect our business members on Broadview (north and south) and on Danforth between Ellerbeck and Broadview (north and south side).
- As discussed last night we will have different challenges and issues depending on what section your business is located in: deliveries, parking, traffic management etc. I will be creating a list for each different section and including the issues for each section. The City and TTC will then have to propose solutions for each section. Once we have that done then we will meet with members in each section to review the solutions and make any adjustments as needed.