Good Afternoon All,
The following construction projects either have started or will start shortly in our area.
1. Broadview Avenue Watermain Replacement
This work has been delayed due to a shortage of actual watermain pipes - who knew! The contractor has now confirmed delivery of the necessary pipe and the project can get underway.
- Work will take place on Broadview from Danforth down to Gerrrard
- Week of July 12th equipment etc. will be moved back into the area
- Tuesday, July 21st work will begin
- We have 2 CafeTO curb lane patios in our section of Broadview: Off The Hook and Si Espresso. Both patios will have to be closed and removed on Monday, July 20th.
- We have weekly meetings with the City and the Contractor and will keep you all updated on the progress of this work. Traffic will be reduced to limited lanes during this construction. The City has created signage that will be placed throughout our section of Broadview letting people know that all businesses are open.
- Attached is a notice from the City providing full information and a site map.
2. Bloor Viaduct Barrier Repairs
The City will also start work on replacing some of the suicide prevention barrier sections on the Bloor Viaduct Bridage.
- Attached is a notice from the City providing full information and work schedules.
3. St. Barnabas Church Construction
St. Barnabas is located on the south/east corner of Danforth and Hampton Avenues. They have started construction on the west side of the church facing Hampton Avenue. The church is installing a ramp inorder to make it more accessible for people.
- Attached is an information letter from the church providing further information.
- They also have a blog page where they will provide updates. Here is the link:
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me.