Good Afternoon BIA Members,
It's been a heck of week - so here we go with the various updates:
1. Broadview Danforth Construction
- All TTC services on Broadview from Gerrard to the Broadview subway station will stop beginning at midnight this Sunday (12:01am Monday, June 19) and this will be in effect until November. Attached is full information on all of the rerouting that is taking place. Eszter has also posted this information on our social media platforms this morning and we have it on our BIA website.
- The track welding began this week and is being done closer to Gerrard
- A wee bit of good news: from July 4th to mid July we will allow local traffic and deliveries southbound on Broadview to Sparkhall. As you may remember, southbound traffic wasn't going to be allowed at all starting on July 4th. Traffic agents will be on site to help manage this. It's not going to be pretty but we will try and make it work.
- The contractor will start moving some equipment into the site next week in advance of the July 4th start date.
- We are still waiting for the TTC revised plan for the area on Broadview north of Danforth. I do know that this work is expected to start late August/early September.
- Councillor Fletcher is hosting an on-line community meeting this coming Tuesday, June 20th at 7pm - please scroll all the way to the end of this email to see her notice and the link to register for the meeting. She will be covering a few items - not just our Broadview construction.
- This continues to be a challenge. City crews unexpectedly showed up this past Wednesday afternoon and started to install the barriers, shift the bike lanes and the parking. We were supposed to have received advance notice - that didn't happen.
- We still have some issues with the plan that we are working to fix with Transportation. I'm so hoping that we can get the patios and parkettes up and running by this time next week.
- In the meantime, our BD Beats program is still running out of the courtyard of the Carrot Common on Friday nights: 6 to 9pm and Sunday afternoons: 1 to 4pm
- A reminder again that you must submit your Taste registration forms and payments to the Greektown BIA by 5pm today. The Greektown BIA office is located at: 452A Danforth Avenue.
- A number of you have been asking me if the barriers for the cycle lanes, parking lanes and CafeTO areas will be removed for Taste. The answer is NO. The infrastructure that you see on the Danforth today is what will remain throughout the Taste weekend.
Okay that's it for now - below is Councillor Fletcher's meeting notice and link; and attached is the TTC information.