Good Morning All,
Here are the updates for today:
Greek OHI Parade Sunday, Oct. 29:
- The Greek Community of Toronto will be holding their annual OHI parade this coming Sunday, Oct. 29th.
- Danforth will be closed from Donlands to Broadview from 11:00am to 4:00pm approximately.
- We will post a notice on our social media so people have a head's up on this closure.
- Many of you have complained to myself and to Councillor Fletcher about the fact that the work in this section is very sporadic. This issue has been raised with the TTC many times. This week they finally let us know that there was a ground problem that was discovered when they started the trenching and this has caused the work to temporarily be halted.
- Following my meeting this morning with the TTC, I've been told that the issue is being resolved and work has resumed.
- Crews will be working this Saturday doing some paving work and rail work is anticipated to start next week.
- At this point we can't confirm that this construction work will be completed by Nov. 20th. I will keep you updated.
- As mentioned in previous updates the sewer rehabilitation work on Broadview from Pretoria Avenue to Gerrard Avenue is slated to start on Nov. 20th. Because the TTC construction has been delayed this sewer work will start in the Broadview south section.
- All businesses and residents located on Broadview will receive notices starting next week. Attached for our Broadview members please see advance copies of the notices.
- Our AGM has been set for Monday, November 20th starting at 7:00pm via Zoom
- Attached please find the full AGM notice.
- If you wish to attend please email me and I will add you to the list. We will send the Zoom link out closer to the meeting date.
Covid & Flu Shots:
- Another reminder to please book your covid and flu shots with our BIA pharmacies. We are seeing an uptick of covid infections so it's important to get your shots.
- If you have just had covid you will have to wait 3 to 6 months to get your shot but you are able to get your flu shot.
- Our BIA pharmacists can answer any questions you may have.
- Also remember to stock up on some rapid test kits